Thank you for your interest in PBIS! Please follow these steps to learn more about PBIS in Vermont.
STEP 1: Learn More
Identify an exploration team, including an SU/District point of contact, building principal and other school personnel to:
Attend an Introductory Forum on Vermont Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (VTPBiS) (Optional)
View the following videos from the National PBIS Website:
Overarching PBIS Concepts:
- “Creating the Culture of Positive Behavior Supports”
Talk with other schools implementing PBIS (Click HERE to locate a school near you)
You may also contact your VTPBiS TA.
VTPBiS Technical Assistance Person:
The VTPBiS Technical Assistance Person is a representative of the State VTPBiS Team who is available to help schools navigate the process of preparing for VTPBiS School-Wide Implementation. You may contact the VTPBiS TA Person to seek assistance with the following:
- Understanding which VTPBiS trainings and workshops to attend
- Completing of the VTPBiS Readiness Checklist (included in the Intent to Implement Application)
- Linking with other schools in Vermont who have implemented PBIS
- Planning the VTPBiS presentation to school faculty and staff
- Understanding and using the pre-implementation VTPBiS data tools (School-wide Evaluation Tool; Self-Assessment Survey)
- .......and More!!!
Once a school team has attended the VTPBiS Leadership Team training, coaching supports will be assigned to SU/Districts to provide more direct support and consultation around VTPBiS Implementation.
Click HERE to Contact your State TA! Click HERE for State TA Regional Map.
STEP 2: Get Started
Attend Vermont PBiS “Getting to Readiness” Webinar (Optional)
For School Teams Planning to Implement VTPBiS
This webinar will highlight strategies for getting to PBIS “readiness”, a prerequisite to implementation.
STEP 3: Complete Readiness Activities
Prior to Universal Leadership Team Training Submit completed Academic/Behavior Intent to Implement Application (Required)
STEP 4: First Steps to Implementation - Online Training
1. As a leadership team, complete the VTPBiS First Steps to Implementation online module series. The links to these modules will be sent to you after we receive your Intent to Implement Application.
2. Register and pay for your team to attend one of the trainings (flier attached) if you haven’t already done so;
STEP 5: VTPBiS Baseline Evaluations:
1. Complete your School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET) prior to attendance at the training;
2. Prepare your school staff to complete the online Self-Assessment Survey (SAS). You will be receiving your school’s account # and instructions for completing this survey.
STEP 6: Universal Leadership Team Training
Attend the Universal Leadership Team Training (Required)